2/20/2016

Letter to Chhuti & Chinky II


Loveliests (NO! Don’t fight already!),

Babies, if you do, you will only spoil much of happiness that can always possibly be. I know C is already angry that she has to share a letter with you, Chhuti, but you are wise, aren’t you/ Forgive her. Her Momie is really happy after a long, long, oh dear, very long time.  Now, now, let us figure out the hows and whys of what could easily be told in a simple word, ‘Whatever’. But dearests, it is, unfortunately not so. I do care. About many a things and among them, fear ruled the most. I assume it is good to say I have defeated it. And we are going for a holiday!!!

You see, Momie was at her flirtatious best last night, with five pegs of good whiskey down, and all senses intact. She has two more of such nights to follow and the possibilities to remain the same are exciting. Of late, Momie has cleared her specks really well, and can see things as they should be. She detests studying, yet her second chapter is submitted and she can feel her progress in her professional discourse (why else would she be using a horrible word like ‘discourse’ here?). Momie is getting Momier, shall we say? Yes, my puppies. Being anxious is boring, being anxious is unnecessary – yet, one really cannot control it. But Momie has become adept at handling it. Momie can identify the triggering factors. And you both, blessings that you are, are such adorable beauties to not demand my time when I write. I owe you both my life for that.

When I am dead and gone, read these letters and love them, as much as you have loved me, as much as you have hated me. But for now, we will speak of living and living it large, that Momie is capable of. The cloak of confidence had decided to turn invisible, babies, hence Momie went mad without it. Over many hours and many more moments of quaint and loud adversaries and adventures, Momie is now vocal. Momie does not care, where she should not. And Momie cares all the more where she should. Like our holiday! Yippee!

Together, we will brave the flight in some days, and sit trapped in it, but with Aunty G beside, we might have a giggly time, for all we know. No more watery palms – that’s quite unhappening of a smarty Momie like me, what say? For a change, we will together brave the waves and not the heights. Goa, as a destination, brings back a bag of memories, smelling rather foul, and vodkaish – which Momie has almost given up. This time I promise to make memories which smell of nonsense, of flavours of the unknown, of being grounded and not wobbly. It is a smell which will waft through our school-bags when we return. Momie will finish her paper in a hurry, and return to you both, lapping you bubbly littles in her arm, promise. I will also do something wrong, but what’s wrong if not tried? I will introduce you to a sip of beer and gin and tonic. One sip each. Please. And we will build sand-castles along the beach in our bikinis. Oh, you thought Momie doesn’t have it in her to adorn a bikini? No, babies. Momie discovered, she has it. One of the twins mentioned last night, ‘You are sexy in the mind.’ Nothing can beat that, lovelies.

Does this sound full of myself, this letter? Forgive me then. It is just an irrepressible joy at having found this long lost me. And who better to share this with but You. I wanted to tell you, yes, life is about cyclicity. The wheel turns. Braving the bumps is sexy. That’s all! And now, we pack!

And before I end today, I will share with you something you can use later, when anyone asks you about Momie. A certain gentleman, and in the process many more, last night, asked me, if I were a Punjaban, an Urdu scholar, an Assamese or what? I asked back, ‘Are you Haryanvi?’

'Yes', came the reply.

Momie smiled, took a sip of her amber whiskey, and said, ‘Look up the word tomorrow morning, when you are back to your senses – in the dictionary. I am an enigma.’ And the moment was seized, when on further queries, I replied, ‘I am battameez!’ Yes sweethearts, Momie is everything. You can be so too. One life, babies, live it – just the way you want. Pay due respect to what deserves it, pursue your passion and banish the fears. The simplicity of it all will show you a new world, happy.

Let’s kill Goa, babies!
Momie.

No comments:

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...