12/26/2015

Love-Letter (XXX)

To Who May Be Reading,

Why do I write to you? Because I love you. Why do I love you? Because you chose to read me. Why did you? That I do not know. You may have come across my blog-site cursorily, or opened the link with joyous hope. Who knows. Do you? Ask yourself. You may be actually, just merely used to it. Reading my letters. Their letters. Others' letters. Do you know reading others' letters is a bad habit? Oh yes, a very bad habit. Yet, here we are, you and I, stuck on either side of this very bad habit.  

People say, I have gone mad. They, on the other hand, retained their sanity, and ask me too, if I have. Gone mad, that is. Or eaten something with a special power, or if something is wrong. "What the hell is happening?" they ask. Why? All because I am on this writing spree, and trust me till I am, and if it were not for the flight, I know I would have written more, I am going to remain like this -- 'what's wrong with her today?' Because, even I am not in control of this irrepressible need to write.  

I have a sore throat, ones which hide a bitter cough and couple of voices. I think the voices belong to all those whose love I write, I live. People say I imagine them. I don't. They are parts of me, you see. Does it scare you? Are you thinking if I suffer from MPD? Well, borderline for sure. But then, who doesn't? So, my characters; no, lets talk about you. How are you seeing this unputdownable spree from me? A definite delirium? Or something more delicious, say, a brief possession? Just so you know, I feel, both ways, they are the same.

It doesn't quite come to you as a love-letter, does it? It is not, is it? But, when I say it is, it better be. For what is love but the acknowledgement of the Other? You are my Other. If I am mad today, you are my mini moments of madness till now. You made me believe I could write. I needed to write to you. You asked for one. Didn't you? Aah, put your hand across your heart and say you didn't. And that is how my characters aren't just my imagination. I see them, within me. I see You.

Do I scare you? Don't be.

I only wrote to say, I love you,
KS.

No comments:

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...