2/25/2016

International Food Conference, Goa: Starters

'Food can cajole, victimize and exploit,' spoke the convener of the conference, about some twenty minutes back. It is an international conference. Dollops of words on food doing the rounds around the delegates, in whispers. I am yawning, after my favourite breakfast of toast and sunny side-ups. My friend beside, is diligently taking notes. Now she is giving me a smile through her eyes, because Her Excellency, the Governor of Goa, is delivering a humourous speech in Hindi and it had the dialogue, which I had, over the breakfast, delivered to her as a respectable sharing of information. This Governor is brilliant. She is speaking things which has made me forget my yawns. My good friend is eye-dropping over writing and it is not one quite of approval. She does not understand, or may be, she does, I can't sit straight. My fingers are itching, and I am thinking of Mandavi.

Man, I have never seen a politician as smart, and speaking wonderfully from her heart. Her first born came in 1963, so you have an idea of her age. Like the depth of Mandavi, and her flow is immense and alluring. Rather, delicious!

Truly, food is a wonderful conversation-maker. I rest my case. 

So you see, the best bite comes from words! Hope you enjoyed my relay-writing. 

I think someone should make a movie, or write a book, entitled, Khaane ki Kahani. Maybe, I will.

If I cannot, I will, but of course, gulp the failure with a feast! 

No comments:

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...