2/23/2016

Flying

I am quite embarrassed tonight. I have a flight in some hours, and I am afraid. I thought I could defeat it by watching Neerja. If anything, the straws of my coffee know what rigorous shapes they had to undergo. There will be a fantastic companion beside me, some fabulous movies in my notebook, SRK songs on my playlist, and, an SOS medicine. I cannot believe I have reduced myself to this today -- the SOS medicine part. The turmoil lies that I do not wish to take it, and a sane part of me says, don't be a fool, take it!

Fear, Doubt, Anger -- haven't I written a letter each to them? Is this their kind way of replying? To overpower me? The clouds have kept me company, cottony, fluffy company, as have the hues -- but now, I despise the window seat. No, it ain't vertigo. It is just me.

I will watch a movie in sometime, and have abstained from alcohol. But I could not hold myself back from writing. For all those who would be reading this -- pray. Please pray that tomorrow I emerge a warrior, a survivor. Pray hard that I can defeat the challenges and write back to you as a happier me. Be with me. 

For, when I fly, I think of you. And you, you and you. How constant you have been. You do not deserve a breakdown in a habit -- no, not from me. So, pray. Pray that even as I fly, I write and the words reach you without the click of a button. My words empower you to never suffer, to always be just and happy. 

I promise you, if I land a winner, you will be treated with a wordy high of flying, you have never experienced before. I can feel it, my gut says all will be fine. Their won't be sweaty palms and blood gushing to the ears. But, who knows? 

It is, after all, the gut that triggers the tremors! Love.

2 comments:

Manjima said...

Write. :)
Fears can't defeat you there.
They will never write back.

Kuntala Sengupta said...

Best dose of pep pill I have had in a while. Thanks a ton, man :) Yes, they will never write back. Let me see how they can defeat me there!

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...