12/28/2015

Love-Letter (XXXIV)

Sweetheart,

Sunaina Aunty here has sent home some wonderful cupcakes, one of which has, very sweetly, your name iced over it. Sweet that it was, it was silly too. Imagine, having to take a bite off your name. Love is indeed, a stupid thing.

Pregnancy is a blessing they say, but how can it be, sweetheart? I mean, yes, I am happy and all, and I am drunk, but this separation for months, gosh, unbelievable the logic. What the shit are you doing at your parents', Ruhi? Oh, Ruhi. I miss you Ruhi.

Lines are getting blurred and words are suddenly vanishing from my head, Ruhi. I miss you man. Can't we just not have the baby? I know its your body, your choice, but still you know, shouldn't we have waited? Brick by brick we could rebuild the loss you know. I dunno what I am saying man, but its just this that there's no you beside me fighting for a different channel, or stopping me from a sweet bite after dinner. Being a man, working from home has anyway 'unmanned' me for those who do not matter to me and claim they do. So, this one decision would not come anywhere to do anything to that reputation. Like I bloody care.

Ruhi, sweetheart, who do you love more? Me, or the unborn us?

Say it aloud!
Nihaar.

No comments:

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...