12/06/2015

Love-Letter (VI)

Babes,

Daddy says, 'You must crack CLAT' and leaves for office daily. Mom too, often says, 'Find yourself a good MBA school to get a life' and goes out to her workplace. The rest of the day, now, for over a month, in its sameness, I spend thinking about the pros and cons of a quality education leading to a glamorous career. I become disheartened calculating the probabilities. Then I go into the kitchen, find myself a decent breakfast and take it to the balcony which is already set with books and pens and notes all over, since earlier in the morning. Lakhhi didi sweetly refills my cup with tea and more tea. I open the book to the page I last read, and return to you.

Do you find me catastrophic to your career? Do you find me childish? Don't you believe I am going to remain? Do you find it threatening when I say that I do not much care for an ambition? Is that why you have not been taking my calls? Have you already forgotten the sizzle across the table? The entire classroom heard it, saw it, felt it. Fortunately, and gladly only we lived it.

Words like 'bailiff' and 'appeal' have taken over my appetite. Thoughts of you lie awakened in me. When this reaches you, I will have gone back to where we decided to leave us, outside of this invisible imprisonment. Do not let age and its difference come between us, please. Misty blue, that will be the colour of my blood awaiting your touch to turn it indigo. Don't believe me? You will see how it will be, your lips over mine. 

PS: I had crabs last night. Missed you all the more.

Yours,
Leila.

No comments:

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...