12/17/2015

Love-Letter (XVII)


Gorky my love,

Vienna was such a lovely city, rich and resourceful, keeping me on my guard lest I miss something important. By contrast,it feels so soothing to walk around aimlessly in the streets of Prague, touching the grass here and having a berry there. The cobbled streets remind me of our walks in Istanbul, and our differences and our tea-clad kisses. We even stayed away from each other for three days there! What a waste.

You would have gulped in Prague like a baby takes in the first taste of spice – unsure, excited, brave. This is not exactly your towering Tokyo, with its framed cherry orchards, yet this is where I long to have you around. How long till we kill the distance, Gorky? Suddenly, the vastness of three years stretch out, and it becomes endless. I don’t know what made me take such a decision to embark upon different cities, you in Tokyo, me in Dublin, even if for ‘just’ three years, but I repent it now.

Prague has opened certain chambers of my emotions which got layered in dust. I am thinking Singapore, or Frankfurt, with you. For a lifelong of howling mornings and scowling evenings and bitter nights which turn into soft mornings and lit up evenings and passionate nights, the next. I am thinking how much I have to tell you about ‘No Shave November’ and the young boys in back at the Univwho refer to you when they do. These kinetic flashbacks are like epiphanies.

My Vltava ride is scheduled in twenty minutes. Susan is here, with Tim. Marc sends his energetic wishes to you. All my wishy-washy, wistful wanderings hope to find you deep in research, in the most unexpected way possible.

Ciao!
Vidhi.

No comments:

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...