12/16/2015

Love-Letter (XVI)

Technically, this is not a letter -- having neither a defined recipient, nor, thus, a destination. Yet, I feel like addressing someone. Someone I wish to love. What is it that makes us love someone completely unrelated; yet, they begin to become more than our own? It must be charm. But, is it? Here I am, willing to love someone I have not seen. But yes, it must be charm, for I see the person smartly dressed, aware and sensible, let alone sensitive. 

Baba has a tendency of going through my things and jolly good this time if he does. He will get to know that he is the kind of person I particularly do not desire – sticking his abnormally long nose into other people’s private business. Gosh, that felt so good, being able to say that! Do we over-value love? Does not it end up as a mere habit? All the preconditions that we have, at least I do, they get lost in the everydayness of things. Things like mosquito net, or not; rice or roti, and drinker or dancer. Whether he participates in thinking out a special day, or passively lives it bowed inside the laptop screen, whether recites poetry or rejects it. It must be mundane after the event of ‘dating-planning a wedding-honeymoon’. 

Do we underestimate it? In spite of lists and leverages, we are concerned when he is unreachable without a probable explanation. When there is a power-cut, we scream out to him, “stay put!” and look for the torch ourselves. I don’t know. I must be sounding so petty. Yet, I feel like giving this letter to the man I will end up marrying. Oh yes, I surely will.

Love is a strangely foolish thing. It makes me feel very wise and good about myself. I write unnamed letters thinking of the essence it is floating in. I think I am floating. I may be drowning. But then, I wish to.

Come along?
Dhaara.

No comments:

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...