4/20/2017

Roleplay

How I wish to be a star.
No, not silly on the sky.
A superstar.
A narcissist performer,
Show-stopper.
On my own,
Happy terms.
But I merely act.
If life were a play,
Would I stand a chance 
Solo?
Would my monologues remain 
Hollow?
Under the glory of heavy lights?
When I am shining bright.
Would you chance upon
My shredded soul?
Are you discussing my brilliance?
And how deep is my understanding
On shades of characters?
All of these,
Played by me.
Are you holding your partner's hands?
As you watch me, do you share too?
Did your attention waver?
Do you clap?
Do you boo?
Do you know my shadow shudders?
To think you would do,
A bad review?
Yet,
Alone, 
I am neither a performer,
Nor a show-stopper.
In fact,
I am nothing without you.

No comments:

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...