4/09/2017

Letter to Daughter XX

Munchkinny pumpkinny sweetest C,

Today was one of the most "levelling" days of my life -- seeing you spellbound. It has elevated me to a different sense of happiness. While mothers have had a history of challenge when disciplining their children with the TV, and while I have had a fair share of being on either side of the mother-graph, nothing could ever come close to the completeness I felt on seeing you engrossed outside of your cartoons.

The TV, as opposed to whatever people blame it to be, has always found a place of optimum respect in my life. Till you came along and till I had to become conscious about its ab/use. I secretly loved to catch the maid midway, in a stance of stillness, between pulling the sofa from the corner and the dialogue of an anti-hero shouting curses at the hero. I silently love the disbelief on other intellectual friends around, and the inevitable pull with which they too get sucked into it. And I love the utter honesty with which the TV has nothing but friendship to offer to me -- in all its contents. When I failed to stick to dear Tom & Jerry, and those horrid animated voices made way into our house, I was becoming paranoid too.

Until this beautiful Sunday morning, when His open arms, butter-spread on screen, spread out to your cheeks too! I couldn't contain myself when the cultural nostalgia of growing up with His dimples sowed its seed in you too, and you, in your broken Hindi were humming along and moving your waist while cupped in the sofa to His songs. We love SRK, together.

We are now an official, family of fangirl team! And one day sweets, when you too say that you agree with your Momie about her best teacher, Momie couldn't be prouder! The TV, the cinemas, the shows, all feel so much better with you.

 Let the stars shine upon you, love.
 Momie.






No comments:

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...