4/13/2017

Where Summer Lives

Summers remind me
Of the ripe smell
Of hurriedly pulped mangoes,
I have now given up.
Of sudden showers
Suddenly gone.
And you.

You,
In your red jacket
And bulging muscles.
Your eyes,
Fiercely wandering,
Resting
All over my soul.
Like the remains of the rain,
On dried leaves.

You claimed
Mykonos would be prettier
With me.
You stated
Peace was here,
In this subtlety.
With the pace
Of a snail,
You kissed.
Till like a creeper,
They grew
Further, deeper.

Summer is here,
And autumn and you,
Far, far away.
Your vision now travels
Beyond my soul,
Dying burning wood,
Once during winters,
They were happy.

You live in the summers,
Given up,
Hurriedly.
Gone, suddenly,
Showers and smoke
Alike.
Leaves of autumn,
Live more rested
Than your eyes.

No comments:

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...