4/14/2017

De/istress

What is this?
This despair?
Old, unwanted furniture
Old, unwanted roads.
Where is that youthful
Foolishness
Of hope?
Which said
Love is forever?

I wish you were away,
Off, like forgotten lovers
Off, like fearless desires.
You do not sit
Pretty on me,
Dear despair.
Why are you here?

Filling me up
Mercilessly,
Mindlessly,
Like pain-relief ointments do.

Get off me,
Freeze some other vein.
Be the tar on roads,
The termite on furniture.
Please yourself
With pitiful joys.
Get off me.

I am stronger than I seem.
I might carry you along,
Not in companionship.
You thought it was complete?
You filling me?

Sweetie,
My head is a place,
Which never knew
What satisfaction is. 

No comments:

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...