3/17/2015

Letter to Fever

This was one heated competition, right? And guess who won? :) Yours truly.

I think the letter fittingly deserves to end in the previous sentence. But no, just like you have remained with me as a trace since time immemorial, I will dedicate couple of lines to you, and how you have always made absence a part of my presence. Now that I am writing, it means you are slowly eroding my body. Your unbearable heat and all the restlessness it entails, they will soon go. I wish for this letter to find you encased in a palace of virus, where this would be the most beautiful thing to have touched you, ever.

Yes, for every one of those times that you have come and nearly finished me, I am going to give you the return gift of beauty, not revenge. How else would we be different? This letter smells of life, and imagination. When you are a little free from your fellow viruses, thrive on life instead. You will note the difference.

I am too full of you since the last three days, and three decades too. But tomorrow promises to be better. Guess what, I quite enjoyed being pampered in pain. Getting some time to myself. Though concise, this letter is hardly so -- like the little mercury in a thermometer which changes one's grand idea of temperature, and temperament.

A feverish thank you,
K.

No comments:

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...