3/15/2015

Letter to 6 am

No, not a dear, not you. Someone who takes over one's life does not necessarily become a dear, right? You are one of those few who will be receiving this letter right on time -- 6 am, bang on. That hour which determines the beginning of how my day functions. For, even when I wake up an hour earlier when the alarm goes off, or when it does not, it is with you that my senses come into being.

With you I make a move towards this daily battle that I must participate in to make a living. Make a living, so different from living. That is hardly how I would ideally live. A day onwards complaints and criticisms. You come to me daily, with or without an electronic notification, informing that dawn is far and day is here. You come to tell me that even if I do not want to go to work, I must. You arrive without fail. And saddest of all, you arrive even though I wish and can afford to miss you.

You come to tell me each day that it is yet another each day, everyday. Honestly, what do you get out of it? Here I am, writing to you, that you should sometimes try and skip visiting me. But in my deepest within I know it is not to be. The flawless mechanical beat of your being exacts over my frail one. And I cannot but live you to the fullest. Yes, what does one get out of visiting someone where one is unloved? By being with someone who disrespects you for your ethos? Pathos. I wish one day you changed instead, visited me to simply watch me sleep, let me sleep in the absolute denial of a sunrise, alarming me to arise, awaken.

Are you excited two minutes before you are born everyday? Or, are you bored and unaware of your sixty minutes of control over our lives? My life? Do the other hours snide at you? Hours. What a beautiful movie that is, Hours. I have a plan. Let us watch it together, you and I? I wish that hour between us would return rather than you as an hour. I think we both need to understand how "You cannot find peace by avoiding life". May be me more than you, for you seem to be replete in your daily doing.

You come to tell me each day that it is yet another each day, everyday.

Ticking along,
K.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

6 a.m. in the Winter is not a great idea to begin your day with but not a bad idea in the Summer though :) In a cold morning When others at home are in the last lap of their slumber you brave the chill and step out of home ... " ekla cholo re"

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...