3/26/2015

Letter to Amul Girl

Hello there Amul Girl!

From the time I can remember, I have seen you in your blue half-pony tail tied up in the head and your red polka dotted frock. Your eyes extremely animated, and your cheeks complete in red blushy circles. Tongue, not in cheek, but always with a ready tongue in cheek one-liner on any and everything. Up in the sky in your steel board, or down on my table popping out of the fridge door -- such a part of my life you have been.

Delivering a queue of blockbuster lines and adding to the inches around our love-handles, you somehow remained the same, and same-sized. Neither success made you arrogant, nor the product you endorse made you fat. When I pass the designated billboards where you change your dialogue weekly, I sometimes wish for your look to change, or for you to grow, in general. And then I feel sad for you. For being stuck in that steel frame, and age -- alone. Wise words often makes one alone. Empowered, but alone.

And thus this letter. To find you company, not just calorie. Whenever you feel (I am sure you do) friendless, open this letter. It is yours. Yours to convey that you have been consistently phenomenal. Yours to understand that I keep looking forward to a change in your dialogue. Yours to believe that the smile you offer thereafter is one of the purest, most sublime. Your wit is utterly-butterly-delicious.

Would you like to write back to me? They won't let you, I know. They only ask you to speak on 'issues', while I am not yet one. Maybe the day I become the 'Lady of Letters' you can publicly say you have had one from me too -- "Laidback letter, laidback butter".

Wondering if you would like to have me as your friend to wave at me each day when I pass you twice...

Certainly not buttering you,
K.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Utterly butterly delicious blog :) :)

Unknown said...

Heartfelt:)

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...