3/09/2015

Letter to Moon II

Dearest,

This morning, rather early, when I took to the wheels and turned the ignition, adjusting my side and rear view mirrors, getting comfortable in the belt after a gap of about a neat ten days and rechecking if the glass was properly cleaned, I chanced upon you. A light luminosity about you adorned the clear bright blue of the sky. I was smiling, thinking how many shades of you I encountered in less than twelve hours.

I gathered how hurt you must have been with my last letter. I am sorry I said things you are not used to hearing. But I cannot bring back my words, or will. Having said that, what I saw from my little oval flight window last night, just as we were about to land, was pretty amazing. You kept me company in a manner which would put sparkling and illumination to shame. You were what shine is, and what a race we had. You were an absolutely enchanting entity at that moment when my flight left you behind and you dropped down, from the visibility of the nearest wing. But I loved your recovery as soon as we landed. You were right on top, like you never lost. Only, this time you were an off white which would put 'off' to shame. You had blanketed over yourself shapes and hues from nowhere -- one moment you were this, another that -- sincerely protean. I could only smile. It felt as if you were slapping me hard for my previous letter. I love your towering ego.

And then you returned this morning. In a gentleness one can melt into. What with the sun shining high, and the blue rather sky, who would ever associate 'ego' with you? It felt like mornings that previous nights of wild lovemaking open to. Tender, and nice. I was smiling again. You won.

Ideally, affectionately,
K.

No comments:

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...