2/06/2015

Letter to Chhuti IV

Hi Chhuti!

I badly wanted to write a letter to a someone rather than a something, and I couldn't think of anyone better than you. Chhuti, there can be no straighter, shorter and better way of putting it across -- I miss you. I long to have you in my pocket and heart and clinging on to my hands with your little palm and travel with me in exciting flights and long trains and new roads.Yes, I want to travel. Back to the mountains, the unending uneven roads, the lovely greens, and to show you the beauty of a misty conversation. I can visualize it, you, engulfed in the simple great wonder of the bellowing clouds of words emitting from your mouth. Or designing on the end bread bit of the burger with sauce, mustard and tomato, a moustache over a smiley, while the hot chocolate you were having left a creamy one on you.

Chhuti, where are you? We need to plan our itinerary and live this moment of extreme yearning. My committed black American Tourister duffel bag needs to get a dash of terrace sun, and the zestful green Reebok utility pouch refilled. I have a lot of options for a handbag this time around, and would love your expert opinion on which would best suit this trip. You know T, right? She wishes to join us too, and though she seems a little serious to you, she is fun. Well, she would certainly be the one who would indulge you to have that extra slice of pastry. The teacher that I have never been to you, will be her.

And then when we board the train, or flight or take the road I want to be your assurance when you clutch my hand tightly. But everything is such a fancy delight of moments without you. Chhuti, time seems to be just a series of complains of not having you. I long to time travel and make the most of all the afternoons I whiled away in serious procrastination. At this given moment if I were asked to ask for anything, it would be you. Armed with you I would get on with the busy being of planning a trip, buying tickets, booking rooms and generally genuinely being very happy about it all.

Little details like fueling the collection of songs in my mobile phone, and from when to keep the data pack off, such would be the chaos governing my life. And oh how I love it! It is any day better than hospital worries and attendance discrepancies, is it not?

I love you so much Chhuti. Why do you then evade me? It is a very sad thing to live you only in letters. But then, I couldn't have asked for anything better when there is absolutely no chance of having you otherwise. Read this, feel my earnest wish, pack your bags, and come along!

I know you want to, too,
K.




No comments:

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...