4/14/2020

Day 1: Tomorrow

What is tomorrow? Another set of 24 hours.
What will be tomorrow? A new set of possibilities.

Decisions have made days, and now months dissolve with the collective economy. Yet, they don't stop tomorrow from turning in, for the sun sets only to rise. And the rivers would flow. I do not know if I will continue with these countdown blogging, or finally have a sip of the miniature gin which I magically discovered from a safeguarded shoe-box. But I have definitely decided to harvest, like in my beloved Assam, Punjab and well, WB, crops are, a better version of myself. I didn't hear any Rongali Bihu pepa, or Baisakhi dhol nor did I have any mishti indulgence, yet we owe it to ourselves, as if someone willed this global lockdown to introspect what we had/have become. Will it change my habits? I doubt. Will it accentuate my tastes? Hardly. Tomorrow is certainly filled with uncertainties.

Yet, for all things that tomorrow might be, it won't be a number. In my blog :)

#LockdownExtended

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful recollection. Your memory is very sweet undoubtedly. Those days are gone!!

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...