1/07/2016

Letter to Chhuti XX

Chhhhhhhhhhuuuuuttttttttttiiiiiiiiii!!!

Letters after letters after more letters, they always find their way, as if on various quaint little lanes, known only to the two of us, to you. After the last, I decided to have you on my own, without a care if anyone granted it, or whether I deserved it. And look at how you responded! Right here in my lap as we play with each other with our precious Nothing in between, such pleasures in devising a way to divinity!

Today, you declined a cake, while I restrained from coffee, yet, in our conversations, do they feature as a necessity? I have forgotten what my letters to you have held, what on earth I have had so much to share with you, yet I know, you have become a part of me, like an alter ego, my better half. People know me and they know you. They hear your name and they smile. They know you like you were Chhuti -- a little girl studying in LKG(B), in your fleeting footsteps and sophisticated silence. But you are, aren't you?

And, you are not. You are the pasture of generous green lined with gregarious tulips, snow-peaks crawling over mountains trying to touch the cloud nearest to the sun, and rainfall collecting in puddles around roads from which splashes splinter about spontaneously! You are the umbrella that adamantly refuses to open just when work is waiting. You make that wandering possible!

You are all that any definition can defy -- unbound, wild, endless -- the epitome of Hope. For someone who is innately pessimistic, you are my eternal light indeed.

Love you, Chhuti!
K.

No comments:

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...