1/23/2016

Cake Walk

Hi folks! My name is Marble. No, no, I am not one of those common place circles of universes in a common man's pocket in the name of a game. Those are such tiny pleasures. I have heard people put them in between their fingers and often see through them in the sunlight, and then, almost as if magic, radically, and softly, the withins change shapes and forms of the same sort called Hope. No, no, I am not one of those little clinks of exactitude when they touch each other. Incidentally, I happen to share my name with them, but to remind you again, I have nothing in common with them. And today I will tell you about me since you already know so much about those puny marbles. To counter your curiosity, which may arise, as to why you should at all know my story, I would defend my case by saying, my life is not a cake walk. Why should one only know of Happy Hopes? Sad Smiles are great lessons too.

As you must be knowing, marbles are a string of strong objects, whereas, in my case, I am soft like an emotion, or a cushion. I am a classic cake whose only objective is to provide pleasure to all those who have me. Yes, that's who I am, a cake. Worn in delicious proportions of buttery dough and rich chocolate, my moderation is in my shape. I am not quite full, you see -- I have an empty between. Were I human, I would have lived a constant death of existential crisis. But, as mentioned, I am a cake, customarily meant to be consumed. Would that mean death? By no means, no! Therein lies my pride -- when I am had with the utmost pleasure and delight and my delicious flavours bring a smile on those who end my shelf life.

Between creamy curls and chocolaty excesses, I sit, plain, prim and very, very proper. Vanilla, butterscoth and other etcetras too have tried their novelty in making a mark, but a classic remains one, like me. Around tiers of trials in petty things like competition, I wouldn't say, I am always a winner, but yes, I am a sure survivor. My death comes in bites of loyal love.

While the other fancy ones talk before they have even tried to walk, I walk the talk. And though my life, in spite of being Marble is rather malleable, it is anything but a cake walk. They slice me severely, sharply. Loyalty comes with a price tag, and when it is nothing but pure pleasure, trust me, ends are great! But unlike broken marbles, I am born again and take the cake walk, melting in mouths. If you liked my life, do me a favour, have me! It would be worth living like a legend and give it up as one. For life is anything but a cake-walk!

No comments:

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...