1/24/2016

Conversations

I and R have been friends like bread and butter. To explain what that would mean, they are beautifully different, but exceptionally good together. Like a jam tart, a well-baked cake, a mellow drink, in fact any two things that can probably be good is easily comparable to them. But they were not the types who would be speaking to each other everyday. This is one day when I receives a phone-call from R, very rarely that it happens, here's what followed:

R: Have your reports come? 

I: Yes, everything is normal, except for this thing called urea-creatinine. What's that?

R: Something to do with water-intake and kidney. Hmmm. I always told you, five litres, must. The doc will write it down for you to understand better.

I: I went to him with monsters in my head, man, R! Creatinine creates creativity! Of course! That's what has happened to me. An overdose of creativity and characters and conversations. I know you disapprove of this compulsive writing I do, but someone compels me, man R. Understand! And now I know! It is creatinine, a chemical which creates. See?

R: Hmmm. You are a genius, and I am a fool to disbelieve you. Now, can we move to a more sane topic?

I: Sure!

R: There is a writing contest in the newspapers today, of which you of course do not know. Please do not interrupt me, I know you do not take newspapers. I am sending you the online link. Please participate!

I: What? You are asking me to write? I can't believe it! Yes! Send!

R: I have a feeling you are gonna win it too. We will drink to that, ok?

I: OK!


Feeling complete, I went on to write. Not to win of course. I wrote to live, even if that meant creating conversations. Imaginary conversations.


No comments:

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...