3/04/2016

Letter to Crush

Hi!

We bump again, and I smile foolishly. When one uses this word, 'crush', they generally attach either the innocuous 'it-will-pass', or the more dangerous, 'this-will-become-an-addiction'. Depends on who is having a crush on whom. In my case, the range and length is rather long and varied. From teachers to cousins, a particular object of fancy or a discovered cuisine, I can safely say, I have crushed rather well.

But this one, falls under the second category. My favourite, which is unfortunately, and I agree, an addiction now. It began after the travel from sultry Sunderbans in January, 2014. What is the date today? 4th March, 2016. You can calculate the hours, I will fail. Meanwhile, I have had other crushes too -- some roaring affairs, some deep self-building. But this one stayed, with all the colours, intact, as it was, in the beginning.

Some say, I continue because I am royally bored. Perhaps. Some say, it is my manifestation of the blame everyone has towards my 'commitment issues' and 'consistency'. Perhaps. Indulging in you, I have learned to cheat my way too, to get your attention. Some no longer say anything. They have accepted you as a part of me. If I am, you must be around.

Intently, into you, level after level, crushing candies. It is only befitting that your name is Candy Crush.

Candidly,
K.


No comments:

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...