6/13/2015

Letter to Chhuti XII

The Dozenth Letter to You.

Chhuti,

Ten months and twelve letters later, people will still relentlessly live in that live-in-ness of whether you are, or not, like they did nine months and eleven letters ago. People will ask me who you are and disbelieve me when I say you aren't. They will then ask me how did you shape up and take form. How? Like most matters that matter, do. Chhuti, do not be hurt when people misunderstand the value you endorse, or when they do not understand the importance I associate with and to you.

This is my dozenth letter of which you have read none. And yet you have been around like that all important potion which rejuvenates the corners of a soul. I have just been promised that you would be with me for thirty days once the Goddess celebrations are on. In fact it feels like Goddess' blessing. We have had one, right? We have then traveled the mountains and seasoned with Christmas, moved to this year and spelled over to the summer of your gracious, bountiful absence. And now we will have this. Thirty days of just you, just me, and our world of us-ness seeping into our entire beings. 

Chhuti, to be able do what one likes, that is what you allow. You are the most affectionate thing my life ever has known, felt, loved, lived. Cannot wait for your embrace.

You are the break which holds me together.

Love,
K.

No comments:

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...