6/24/2015

An Application

Writing is cathartic, and them who allow such a piece to be submitted are worth more than workplaces giving unspeakable, five digit salaries. This had to be put up, for the pleasure of all my readers. Thank you, each one of you. The confidence in this cover letter is possible because you have been reading me consistently, and had a kind word (or paragraph) to spare, always. Here goes:

To,
The Fabulous Team at ScoopWhoop,

This is an attempt at writing a different kind of cover letter, away from the norms of the stringent (and boring) 'I am a post-graduate from here and have experience from there'. And I take such liberty only because it is ScoopWhoop, so that even if I do not bag an offer, I could brag about having written such a letter.

My CV is attached for your detailed detection, though my experience says you will find it misleading as it pronounces my academic achievements and teaching experience over my laidback attitude and performing exceeding well under deadlines. It also says absolutely nothing about how well the badminton court would do to all such skills in me who decide to remain dormant. That cycle ride would be fantastic in creating fabulous listicles too. The CV doesn't say I am bored with the nobility attached with teaching and disgusted with the clerical extras of invigilation and admission woes.

What I am, however, is, a weaver of words at my blogsite, almost daily, and a savourer of tastes, both solid and liquid. People are my favourite form of pet and time-pass. I am done with teaching and the city, and can relocate for the sake of my calling, which I am convinced is writing. Will appreciate a kind response from your end, believing that the team approves a variety in application.

And oh, I love ScoopWhoop!

Best,
Kuntala.


Readers, pray!

1 comment:

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...