5/16/2015

Cloud-Garden

I decided to take C shopping, and wanted her to learn something from the experience too. She, on such visits, is neither excited, nor energetic about it. She prefers making herself home in the trolley, even though I try and explain she is too big for it. So, last night, I asked her to make her own list, as we would bring home only those.

Diligently, she sat at work with her green notebook and blue top-chewed pencil. She even took seat at her designated and much ignored chair-table, accompanied by a glass of cold Bournvita, complete with shards of cherry she herself got from the fridge and put on top. It was a building block like structure, one each designed for one each of her favourite persons. This is what her list said:-

One for Naani

septipin
vicksh
caik

Two for Granny-D

paaan
pen
copy
cofi

Four for Mommy

daimon soliter
anclet
oranje
choshmaa
chewingum

Five for Aunty-L

hanky
bloo umbellaa
stickar

Six for Granny-B

boil egg

seven for Tucksh

NO

Eight for Aunty-G

beloon
pencil bag

Nine for All

perk chocklet

Ten for Me

potato chip
tang
borbon bisceet
churi
ghori
suming cap pink

OK BAI!

Needless to say, I gleam with pride. Chinky has exhibited an unparallel gift of generosity (even though skipping number three), and desired to share at an age I did not know anything about it. Her list also depicts her acute and accurate observations. I do not know if I will actually ever buy her all the things or not, but I will surely show the list to each member of the building block. I must also ask her if Tucks gets nothing, will he also not be entitled to the Perk that "All" get.

Chinky is a lesson in living and in love. To that, I will get her ears pierced tomorrow, so that mom and daughter can kill the rocks! Solitaire or not, we will buy two same pair for us, only the size of which will differ.

Such are the times spent with Chinks -- she conjures an occasion out of the mundane, an eternity out of nothing, a masterpiece out of her mistakes. A cuddlepie of mischief, she is the cloud-garden of my life, our lives.

No comments:

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...