1/06/2015

Letter to Self II

Dearest K,

It has been a good five days running swiftly into the end of sixth day that you have not blogged, and having not done so, I know how you have suffered each moment. I felt you having this innate urge to write everything out and apart. I saw you ideate what I believe is a fantastic thing, and I am irritated that you needed the consent of others to believe firmly in it. Last year has been what it has been. A lesson, an adventure. And I think somewhere you have come to understand that you are more suited to doing other things than the ones that you do reasonably well. You have filled your life with complains and I know how  tired you are of it. I appreciate you having put up a note to on the wall opposite in your staffroom cubicle which says, "Happiness is a Habit".

I want you to understand that taking a stand does not necessarily mean to fight. You must assert yourself, for, in doing so you will retain your self-respect which is essential if you think you respect others. K, write, for if you suppress that one thing which helps you breathe, you aren't really living. Life is too full of complaints anyway, isn't it? The mornings are early, the hours are packed, the day follows the clogged roads and roles.

Amidst it all, the nearest you are to living is when you write, so there is absolutely no point enforcing a stoppage on yourself, K. You have done decently as a teacher too, and listen well for people who like to hurl a word or two, at or not at you.  It is time you start being clear about what you like and focus on that. So, let me stop the small talk and make it simple too, write.

Right, write.
K.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So u obliged urself too :)

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...