1/27/2015

Letter to God

Respected God,

I have written you innumerable letters through various stages of life, and perhaps that is one of the key reasons I believe that consistency is a subdued part of me, still. Hi. I have had this urge to write to you since I met A, last Friday. I have had this need to speak to you out of sheer disbelief, and I have had to tell you that in spite of me not knowing whether I believe in you or not, I know you are. Perhaps you are the name of goodness that should prevail in each heart, in a more pronounced way.

A is the most competitive person I have ever come across. A is the most conscious child I have ever befriended. And, A is the one who moves me most with things she knows not. A is simply special. And this is why I had to get back to you. Children are the best things in this world. I know earlier I wrote to someone else that writing instruments are. Oh, by the way, you must be knowing of all the letters I write to whoever, and whatever they contain? No problem. In a span of being with her for about five hours I feel my life has changed, expanded and become enriched. Her curious questions, her imaginative answers, her logical associations and her deepest ("What is the meaning of 'deepest' K?") wish -- swells my soul.

Should she befriend Chhuti, which she will, it would be a blast. Should she befriend Chinky, it would be a blessing. I thank you profusely for giving her the parents she has, and the privileges she is growing up with, for many like her are without. Yet, the challenges faced by A-privileged, is not too different from a child without it. Her smile, her voice, her confidence shakes me up. There is life in her very being and I pray to you to bless her royally.

Initially I was a little hurt at you, slightly offended, that you could do this to children. But with more hours I understand why you do what you do. What you do is sad beyond justification, but I also seem to learn about purpose with each step that A takes. And that puts me to shame about how I am wasting my life, my moments, purposelessly. 

To better upon how you brought me as into this world, that is human. That is A.

I will take A to A+,
K.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There is a God in every child ... your Chinky and A+ are no exception :)
everything happens for a reason, live it, love it, learn from it !!
I read it somewhere and liked " your smile is a signature of God on your face.

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...