3/25/2020

Day 21: Time

Returning to write on such an occasion is rather weird, where most of my musings have been with my darling Chhuti. Having sold my soul to manufacturing lies with words was a secure career, till I opted for yet another "courageous vs foolish" choice of freelancing. So readers, as you can understand, I got a good heads-up to the current scenario since around October of last year. Though, I did travel on and off, and had couple of big events lined up till about end of January, including getting done with my elusive Doctorate degree, being home made me feel most alive.

It came with its jitters -- an expa/ensive internet plan, a discipline with deadlines and keeping off the lure of day-drinking. Yet, I emerged warrior-like in the said scenario, even self-consoling myself about no secured salaries. Till a virus landed in our perfectly chaotic world, and set it uncannily calm. 

The infinite jokes and memes convert into an irrational digital consumption, absolutely and compulsively unhealthy. Thoughts of what-next are punishing especially from the economics point of view, but thoughts of now can be reassuring. My favorite tree (yes, I have one) is lyrical with the clean breeze, gardening is as good as parenting, and siestas are powerful. 

The solar-watch on my wrist had stopped functioning with due lack of attention. I winded it back to life with with its minor inaccuracies. As I stop ordering in, and venturing out, as I observe the social cycle of future history, time champions itself upon my understanding -- 21 is just a number, and in all probabilities, it might extend. Are we prepared to brace this break?

I will, as I write now, truly. Unlocked.

#21DaysLockdown           

No comments:

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...