8/01/2016

An August Age

If I were about to write my Boards now, tomorrow would not, in spite of my best bets, be an escape to start studying -- a Monday and the 1st of a month -- this combination is rare. But tomorrow will never come, because today I am writing life. Well I have had enough of June and July, and if anything, they are going to feel ashamed of themselves in this August Age -- where my words will flourish like flowers in first rains and flow like a gushing river from a waterfall. It is not a determination, if you could understand, it is a call. 

The distractions of procrastination and being busy with the chopping, cleaning, maid-supervising, laundry and ironing, grocery listing, buying and placing, is immense, to say the least. Apart from fixing a flat and life, that is. Some shopping, a good bout of eating and a deep spell of sleep later, I returned to Koffee with Karan. Glamorous gossip is the best potion ever. I was thinking of the time when I had seen the episodes on TV when they were aired and could not believe that I do not own a TV, yet.

Priorities have become a Signac painting (ref. Pointilism). Little dots of obstacles that need to be overcome to be joined with another and form a ladder. Or a landscape. The chicken I cooked was good, because I cooked it to wipe erase my fear clusters, but finally it tasted of inhibition. In an irrational bout of defeating such feelings, I looked out from my balcony. Everything seems Candy Crush-ish. Little boxes of life. And should you dare bring in Paul Klee and his boxes, I would like to inform you about the difference between playing and painting. But I will not. Why aren't you initiated to think enough?

Madness is a good thing. It unnerves and then comes to term with it. It is an August Age after all, where we are all running #dadading. And forget to listen to the lashing of the monsoon wind, because we are too busy listening to Honey Singh. Well, call me ancient, but there indeed is a charm in looking out at the midnight ornamental lights dimmed to function. And to take in a minute to find out where are the insects who make such uniform buzz.

I have had long breaks working and finding my way. Its time to unwind and let the road take me in. From tomorrow. Because today, I am writing life.  



No comments:

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...