5/04/2016

Letter to a Wish-Fish

If you are there, Hi!

Trees are ordinary to tie a wish around. Lemme try talking to you instead! Yesterday I saw the funniest of wishes written out in paper on a tree. Of which, safely, ninety percent said they wanted a son. Some wanted a job, others prayed for monetary success. The bland wishes around a big tree. But the devotion and queue was severe. Rather, ruthless would be correct, given the temperature.

Prayers, I thought to myself, what are they? A sanctuary of solace, isn't it? We put a name, a face, or an object and reveal our most heartfelt desires, wishes in it. If I have seen you flying, fish, I know you have something to do with a wish as well. Wish-wells and trees are passé, and frankly, not being fishy at all (I mean you even are quite straight about your bones), it is high time someone gave you the benefits of being the nutritious lean meat.

Wish-Fish, please listen to me. I only ask of you to do some strange magic and weird concoction, with which, my life will get its right direction. My biggest terror is to lead a boring life, which is perhaps why I still carry in my heart the memories of you flying. You know, the other day I wrote a love-letter to rain, and in three days' time, it responded last night. Wish-Fish, for the sake of words that my readers love, the characters my stories are enlivened with, and love that protects me like insurance, please ensure me fulfilment of what I wish. No, no, not wishful thinking. That is completely opposite to wish fulfilment.

When I was younger, I desired for a cooler temperatures in an European country in which I lived and walked in lovely jackets and brilliant socks. That is so gettable that I have let gone of it. Wish-Fish, do you remember, how I used to refrain from you earlier? Then you became my friend, when in the name of studying, I would waste hours on separating meat from the fine fence of bones you have. And now, how you have become a part of me since I saw you flying. I know it, Wish-Fish, that was what you wanted, to fly. And for someone to see it when you do. I did (hand up)! Then I told about you to my cousins and colleagues and relatives, and so many of them are putting you on canvas, with wings, that you owe me one. Honestly, nothing short than that. I gently demand that you look after my wish too, Wish-Fish.

Wish-Fish, see me fly away too!

And then, up there in the clouds of comfort and disrupt, we two unknown misfits would build a cacophony of company that others would be envious of! And how will we not? We drink like a fish! 

Wish-Fish, flap your fin, make me win! 
K :) 

No comments:

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...