9/10/2015

Letter to You III

Hey You!

Hi!

With all that I have, I return to you, in complete gratitude. Of having held me so firmly, when not even faith did. Of being with me so wholly that I am yet to know another to have. Of loving me, these words of mine, almost living alongside, as I do. After a month of very many nothings that kept me mostly busy and more so at peace, I am greeted with a good news. Allegedly, too much peace and air-conditioning increased my weight. Apparently, I have the luck to hit the jackpot, always. In either case, having returned home from an official outing to a government place, and a fabulous lunch with some favourite people, I got back not to a drink to cheer my own success, but to words such are these. To thank you.

So, drown, you, tonight. Drown in this. For my words may lack the richness of chocolate or the lusciousness of spices but, from where they come, a genuinely touched heart prevails. It feels at home with you. You. Not with the other good news of another job that greets me, not with the travels that may or may not be, not also with the dinner I effortlessly (excuse my modesty) cooked. Through thick absences and thin appearances, through abstract wishywashy clouds to concrete torrential outpours -- it is purely you who has kept me alive.

I cannot build a pool of dollars for you to swim in, no, not yet. Nor can I buy you a mansion. But if I could, I would, to each one of you reading me and lending me a life beyond the economy and geography of it all, grant you your immediate wish. Alas! I truly cannot. Instead, I remain a click away, your companion. Foremost, not a lover, not a teacher -- I am a wordsmith and you are the wearer.

Virtual is truer than real I say.

Thank you,
K.

No comments:

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...