2/20/2009

From a favourite play:

...Nora: I believe that first and foremost I am an individual, just as much you are-or atleast I'm going to try to be. I know most people agree with you, Torvald, and that's also what it says in books. But I'm not content any more with what most people say, or with what it says in book. I have to think things out for myself, and get things clear.
... ... ...
Nora: Well, that's the end of that. I'll put the keys down here. The maids know where everything is in this house-better than I do.

---A Doll's House, Henrik Ibsen.

ps: What did the key have to do here? Does 'shahityyo' (literature of all sorts) really change one's skin? And become a second skin? Or is it, like reel is for me, the only thing real?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hmmm......the 'real' thing huh....spent most of my life in pursuit of tht only to realise it dsn't exist!!The only reality thus is unreality....litt the unreal thus bcame a reality...

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...