5/03/2017

I Want to Write Like You

"I want to write like you,"
I get to hear, often.
Should I feel happy?
Slightly.
Have I ever wanted to write like you?
Like anyone?
The closest,
I thought,
Was once when I wanted to paint,
Like someone.
I was young,
And my head was full of wilderness.
No,
I do not wish to paint like her anymore,
Or you.

Wisdom tells me I cannot,
And ethics tell me
I should not.
Any replication would belittle
The art to craft.
I could only appreciate,
Be inspired with a work of art.

I'd much rather be your painting,
Static in my lyrics,
As I watch the world pass by.

1 comment:

Restless Me said...

Nice.last 3 lines.. ❤

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...