5/20/2017

Exit

Are you afraid of chambers?
Lawyers', doctors'?
I am.
And the apprehension,
In the ticking silence.
I dislike distortion,
And ECG charts.
And the count
Of heartbeats.
I dislike not knowing,
Even as I am curious,
Even as I am staring,
Praying unto the ceiling.

I try thinking of simpler times.
My cycle's bell tinkling,
The laughter of our youth,
Even as we stood,
At counters,
Queuing.

Some friends are lost,
Most are on the other side
Of a screen.
They do not know,
Of my distastes,
Or my muted scream.

I feel my blood pump,
All the way
From nostalgia,
To Siberia.
I am afraid of chambers.
Please exit.

The walls collapse into a forest sleeping,
Oh, to never stop dreaming!

No comments:

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...