11/20/2015

Sugar Speaker

So, this person challenged me that I could not write as well as I did. "I couldn't", I asked myself. Possibly. But how would I know? I hardly remember what I wrote. Except that each time I did, it pulled the soul out of me to improbable proportions. 

My mother-in-law expects me to behave in a manner that I would win the best daughter-in-law trophy in the province. In the world. This makes it so difficult to even make a cup of tea. I feel the amount of sugar is wrong each time. I felt that is. Till one day, the sugar spoke to me out of the cup. I remember I was making it for Bhargav. I know it must be difficult for you to believe, but the sugar came to life. Each particle popped in a message on my face. They created a sweet chaos. "Get a life!" they said. "How can you be wronged for tea?" said the others. "Are you scared of her, him, or yourself?" said one. How difficult. The cup of tea was done. Near perfection. 

This afternoon I felt like a horny slut, ready to rip apart the first shirt that comes my way. After sometime when I had my tea, the sugar said it was alright to feel so. Yes, ever since, I have listened to the sugar. They speak sweetly. If not sweet talk. 

Ouch, I have scribbled this on a paper-napkin while I wait for Bhargav at the coffee shop below his office. They said I couldn't write anymore. But well, here it is. Slices of my life on one fold of the napkin. I can see Bhargav. I must stop. 

No comments:

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...