2/19/2017

Love Bites

It would be easy
Berry picking like,
I know you think.
To own me,
With your flair,
The same effortlessness
With which you once
Disowned me.

For all such times
When I sizzled in your arms
Red chilli on hot mustard oil,
I gave you flavour,
Burning myself down.

You separated the torment,
Knowing its destiny,
Down in the bin.
But here it rises,
Fiery, flaming,
In words,
Bleeding words.

Does that hurt you?
The burning red wound?
Not yet?
Good.
It decided to let you go,
No, not because it cannot,
I cannot.

But I know,
It's not worth.
Your pain.
You are a destitute,
A lonely tree,
In your palatial backyard.
You could not house
My blooming births.

And on an other day,
When you are disowning
Someone else,
I wish her the strength
Of dried chillies,
And buried flowers,
To burn you down.

In love,
And its beautiful
Helplessness.
In hate,
And its terrible
Helplessness. 








No comments:

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...