9/12/2006

pre-marital confessions...

HITLER & CHURCHILL:
Mrs. Mom and Mr. Dad,
Both of them,
They make me sad.
We shout, we fight,
With all our might.
I revolt, I accept,
I complain about fate…
Everywhere, I’m just a misfit,
Like with Porter’s protests,
None cares for mine a bit.
I want money, I want fame,
Success is wild, I want to tame.
Runaway into somewhere, I will,
All their expectation, I want to kill.
A life for myself, I want to live.
In my own decisions, I want to believe.
Mrs. Mom, you’ll then repent,
And Mr. Dad- you’ll only sigh
At the so-called ‘values’
You had to me lent.
Gosh! I just want to be…independent.

ME- THEIR DAUGHTER:
I’m putting up with pages,
To avoid mom’s rages.
I’m not allowed to shout,
Coz I live in my dad’s house.
I retaliate-it’s the ‘English’ syndrome.
I keep mum-
Cursed is the Calcutta chromosome.
Watch TV- star plus.
Listen to music-their class.
Wear a dress-the ‘society’ way. oof
Behave consistently- come what may.
This cannot be me…
I am, but I choose not to be.

ME- THE INDIVIDUAL:
I don’t do,
What I dislike.
I speak up against,
Paralyzed rights.
I want a car,
Which I would drive.
And my very own flat,
At any time to arrive.
A job satisfaction,
An impulsive reaction.
A man to love, joint surnames,
Children to cuddle, their games…
If heaven for me is such,
Do I ask too much?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey hamlet....

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...